Tuesday 16 December 2014

Space, space, space ....

I've been thinking the last few days that I need some space - physically, emotionally, mentally. Building space into our lives is necessary - not only to rest and digest, but also to develop resilience.

Don't get me wrong. 2014 has been a bonanza - two houses, a wedding (mine), four other weddings (close family and friends), three countries, a new job (for me and Michael), flatmate moves, new business opportunities and massive lifestyle upheavals. But there's a point where you start to feel like you need to do less 'doing' and more 'being'. For example, I've made all these weird, scatter brained little mistakes lately which are just ... not me, and I think, a sign of stress and overwrought. And I think a sign that I'm crying out for some quiet minutes / hours / weeks.

It's easy, too, to get enveloped in the rush and to lose sight of the bigger picture. For those of you who are in Australia and have watched the news unfold, the Sydney hostage crisis which ended tragically for some in the early hours of this morning serves as a timely reminder - goals, jobs, errands and to do lists will always be there. Things that are beautiful and special can often be fleeting. Put down your lists people! I'm going to do that just now - my dog is begging for some much needed play time.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment